Event has already taken place!
Join UAPA for Cold In-Place Asphalt Recycling Training Thursday, December 3, 2020 10:00am-3:00pmONLINE EVENT More and more owners are becoming
Join UAPA for Cold In-Place Asphalt Recycling Training
Thursday, December 3, 2020
More and more owners are becoming aware of the need to increase their knowledge related to the design, production and inspection of Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) pavements. The need to understand the differences between a structural focused mix and a durable focused mix is necessary to be able to select the proper mix for the application, but even more paramount is the need to be able to verify that the desired mix has been properly produced and placed in the field.
This course seeks to demystify commonly used standards and applications associated with the inspection and construction of Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) pavements in Utah, and to explain the best practices and common approaches to understanding and implementing associated sampling and testing procedures, checklists, and specifications needed to produce the best performing pavements.
- Gain a general understanding of the basics of asphalt mixes and how the mix components affect performance
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the construction and inspection of HMA pavements, including the national and local standards used to evaluate the performance of such pavements
- Understand HMA pavement specifications and correct applications
- Identify deficiencies that may occur from time to time in HMA pavement construction and suggested remedies to address such concerns
- Incorporate recommended best practices prior to, during, and post construction
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- City & county engineers, inspectors, or other public works officials
- Consultant engineers, owners, and inspectors responsible for asphalt specifications, recommendations, inspection, or project management on behalf of public or private entities
- Professionals working in or around HMA pavement construction for their companies
- Pavement design engineers who are responsible for connecting structural and environmental pavement designs with the materials to be used in construction
- Achieve a basic understanding of the performance characteristics of asphalt mixes
- Correctly select the appropriate specification [mix criteria?] for the desired HMA pavement application
- Describe the benefits and associated costs of each type of specification
- Gain ability to correctly reference each national or local standard applicable to the project
- Successfully determine environmental or structural pavement deficiencies and potential remedies
- Understand sampling, testing and typical issues associated with HMA pavement inspection
Certificate will be provided at course completion.
Not a member of UAPA and want to save $50 on registration?
UAPA membership is free to cities and counties you can sign-up here or email Keri@utahasphalt.org.
(Thursday) 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Virtual Event Details